Saturday, January 28, 2012

Wrestling Begins

I know that I committed myself to blogging daily with the new year.  I also know that I have had a rough patch with a nasty virus, and that I have 4 kids, and that I work full time again, and that, and that, and that...blah, blah, blah.

Thanks for listening, I feel better. 

Today, Isaak wrestled his first varsity tournament.  He is a 6th grader amongst 7th and 8th graders.  It was a great experience.  He was handed his hinney on a platter, but he hung in there and wrestled tough. He came away with a new level of desire to step up his game. 

I want arm muscles like Isaak.  Think I'll have to start wrestling to get them?  Isaak is in the red/white singlet.




This picture just proves that yoga is a necessary practice in all sports.  
Peek-a-boo. 





Gotta love wrestling tournaments.  You know how in all sporting events, the spectators are always yelling and shouting out plays or strong suggestions as to what the sport players should be doing?  Wrestling is the same.  It makes me giggle.  I am surrounded by terms like, "Head, head, head!" or "Circle around.  Cross face!"  Perhaps some, "Leg and arm. Come on, leg and arm!"  I do not understand most of this.  I don't really want to understand it either.  I figure that Brad and the other crazed spectators will provide enough spouting of instructions, that I will be excused from participating. 

Well, my bleacher butt has just begun.  With Isaak starting wrestling in January now, and club wrestling starting when middle school season ends, my bleacher butt will just expand over the next 3 months.  Good times, good times.

1 comment:

  1. Isaak looks like a great wrestler! Keep on keepng On, go team! and all that stuff...love, granny

    ReplyDelete