Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Weather and Weather Men/Women

I have lived in many places in my life.  I have watched and followed many weather men in my life.  One thing I have learned was that if the weather man said severe weather of any kind was on its way, you had two choices.  Choice one was to believe him and batten down the hatches.  The second choice was to continue in your merry land of bliss and ignore the forecast because the weather man is, and will always be, usually wrong. 

How many times has the forecast been for thunderstorms or 6 inches of snow, and all that fell was 3 raindrops or a few flurries.  Would you say that this was the case more often than the actual "severe" weather?  Yup, I thought so. 

All this discussion leads us to our current weather forecast.  Severe winter weather is on its way.  It has also been referred to as a blizzard a few times today.  I personally like my merry land of bliss.  We have not battened any hatches.  We are not storming the grocery store for "supplies".  We are planning that there will be school tomorrow and we are hoping that the 37 degree weather does not melt all the snow we finally have.

I can't wait to wake up tomorrow to see if any snow has fallen at all.  Maybe we will wake up to this....

 

Disclaimer:  I did not take this photo. I found it on USA Today's website.  It is from the recent snowfall in Cordova, Alaska.

But, I don't expect to see this out my window tomorrow morning.

I'll let you know....

No comments:

Post a Comment