Monday, January 30, 2012

Havin' a Heat Wave

Whew.  We are having a heat wave.  It was a balmy 10 degrees on my way home from school today.  Yes, 10 degrees ABOVE zero. 
If I had not said so before, the past week or so it has been negative temperatures daily.  Saturday is was a whopping -27!  Yes,  -27. 

Looking at this picture, you wouldn't think that it was so dang cold would you?  Well, I took this (very quickly) in the school parking lot last week after school.  It was -15 that day. 




It is nice to see the sun, even if it SO cold.  We are gaining light and it is just starting to become noticeable.  The sun is starting to even feel warm when it hits you.  It really isn't warm enough to make a lick of a difference, but in my mind, the warm sun gives me hope. 

See the sun on the mountain and the parking lot signs?  The sun is still up when I leave school at 4:30 or so.  Sadly, this is exciting for me. 


Today, the clouds came in and provided a nice low blanket to keep the "heat" in.  Ha, heat.  That makes me giggle it is so ridiculous.  Heat.  But this is why we have the warmer temperature.  Yippee, Spring is on its way.  We just have to make it through February and March and most of April. 

Wait, my yippee has just turned to a sigh. 

Anyone up for a three month trip to Hawaii?

No comments:

Post a Comment