Monday, January 16, 2012

Grits

It has been so cold around here (still -22'ish), we are finally recovering from our bout of nasty colds, and we are back into full swing with school and activities that I am in need of some serious comfort food.  I really wanted chicken fried steak with some creamy mashed potatoes and gravy.  But I couldn't bring myself to frying something.  So, I settled for cheesy grits.  They hit the spot!  Mmmmm, yummy creamy cheesy grits.

I used the recipe from Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen site.  If you have never made grits, it was simple and the product was delicious. 

All I am saying is, give grits a chance.

1 comment:

  1. Your sister Jessie has a yummy cheese grit recipe that i love to make, but your Dad is a no go on the grits...too bad! glad you like them. i will fix some when you come down and yo can help me eat them....mom

    ReplyDelete