Sunday, June 5, 2011

Mom do you smell that?

Now that things are starting to slow down around here and we are slowly getting into vacation mode and I have found a way to get pics to this computer, I thought I would catch you up on the lighter side of our travels...






When we landed in St. Louis last Sunday and were outside waiting for the hotel shuttle Avery looked at me and said, "Mom, do you smell that? It smells like summer. I want to stay here forever." Yes, I wanted to stay too, but I am not sure how hot concrete and car exhaust made him think of summer. But I went with it.






Over the past week the kids have been fulfilling their summer check list. Here are some pics of the events.






Day one: Ice cream outside in bathing suits. We have to pry Celie out of hers each day.






Day two: Gang up on Isaak who choose the biggest water gun. Brother's have to stick together.









Day three: Celie and Poppy mulching roses.








Day four: Box turtle migration. Poppy found one to bring home for Ellis. He named him Bob. He let him go after about an hour because he though the turtle looked unhappy and needed to head on to his home. That is my little conservationist.









Day seven: Our breakfast was interrupted this morning by this little beauty hustling down the hillside. Quick lesson on turtle identification. DO NOT PICK THIS ONE UP! You may loose a body part. Snapping turtle that the boys and Poppy spent a good long while tormenting just to see it rear up and snap at sticks.





I think Avery was right. It does smell like summer now.








2 comments:

  1. What happened to days five and six?

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading the title of this post, i thought it was going to be about something else entirely.

    ReplyDelete