Saturday, March 23, 2013

A San Francisco Treat

I know I have needed to post this, but surprisingly, my life has been a bit busy.  HA!

 I had the pleasure of taking a girls only trip with my mom and sister during Spring Break recently.  We have never done anything like this before.  Our requirements were that we had to go somewhere none of us had been before and it needed to be fairly warm (my requirement of course).  San Francisco it was.

So, we arrived, got our rental car and off we went.  We were headed north of San Francisco really to Mill Valley.  Our GPS took us through classic San Francisco.  The steep streets were amazing.  The homes built on the incline and the architecture took our breaths away.

Classic San Francisco; check.


Crossed the Golden Gate Bridge; check.


 Saw Alcatraz from a distance; check.


Saw a motor cycle gang.  The boys would have that that was so cool.  check.

Went to Stinson Beach. check.
 Beautiful day!  We had amazing weather the entire time.  Fog (of course) in the morning, but beautiful blue sky all day long.





 Cold water.  But so refreshing!


I was so excited to see green grass.  I had to put my feet in it!  There was (and still is) snow at my house.  

Yup my piggies were happy.  Sand, sun, surf and grass.  All within one hour.  
Wish I had gotten that pedi before the trip after all.  Oh well.

Had our only group picture taken by another set of tourists.  For young men from across the ocean and very large communication barrier, I think they took a fantastic photo!


Day two.  Wine country.  
Sonoma was our destination.  I apparently was the only one drinking this vacation.  Jessie drove and Mom was taking it easy.  However, from this picture, you would have thought she was the one tipping back a few too many!


 Jessie was so excited the whole trip.  We couldn't keep her from letting it all out!  Really we were just being goofballs and taking the silliest pictures we could come up with.  Jessie went with the Senior High School photo shoot.  She can totally pull that off.  Lucky.


 However I was stuck with the "Why the heck do I have to carry everything.  I left my kids at home." photo shoot.  You bet I carried their crap.  But, again I was the only one drinking, so they obviously took advantage of me.  I was not in my right mind.  I see that now.


I could totally live in wine country.  Just saying.


We went to downtown Sonoma and walked around all the shops.  We thought the orange tree was so cool!  Mom doesn't know we got her in this shot.  Sorry.  I did carry your crap so I guess we are even.


This sign was outside of a pub.  We decided that if we had husbands with us, we totally would have dropped them here.  You're welcome.


Day Three:  Redwoods!!!!!
This really was what we were coming to see.  We were so excited and so very cold!  A chilly, but beautiful morning!  Yeah, that guy in shorts was nuts!  I bet he took the fastest tour of the redwoods ever!


Amazing!
 
We had to hug the trees.  Everything needs some love.








Yup, I took this picture.  I really did.  Maybe I should be a photographer.  Wait.  Stop laughing.  I meant it.  Well, maybe I should.  But we all know I won't.

Day Four.  We hung out, had a picnic, relaxed and just visited.  It was a wonderful time.  I can't wait to do it again soon!  And I can't wait to take Brad and the kids to see the Redwoods!


2 comments:

  1. what a great record of our trip...thanks for posting them. It is snowing, church was cancelled and the memories of the warm California sunshine and happy girls is getting me through... we may have a warm Easter day. Keep your fingers crossed! love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent title! I hope you don't mind if I use some of the redwoods photos for our blog too.

    ReplyDelete