Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Turtle and the Queen's High Tea

Ha, ha!  After I wrote that title, I have decided that it sounds like a children's book.  Don't think that I haven't already started writing.  I have. 

Anyway,  we were a little afraid that we had missed the turtle migration since there was such a warm early Spring.  But, as I was gone one morning, low and behold a little box turtle came running through the front yard.  I heard that he was really running, as a turtle would run.  He had people to see and places to go.  Unfortunately, my children interrupted his plan for a little bit of time.  Avery provided these pictures of Mr. Turtle.



And now for the Queen's High Tea.  The tea room in Versailles is so quaint and sweet.  We have gone once before.  This year Baby O, my mom and my Granny and I went.  We had so much fun.  Baby O continued to remind us to keep our pinkies up.  She is so fancy.  We each wore a hat or a fascination (it is the proper head attire in England).  The Queen's High Tea includes your own pot of self-selected flavor of tea, a first course of tiny quiche, and a small, lighter than air chicken salad on a croissant.  Next comes a three tiered server of sweets and savories.  One of each item for each person.  Tiny finger sandwiches, tiny pastries, tiny   cookies.  Finally, a tiny fresh berry sorbet.  It is amazing how full you can get just eating a few tiny things.  We actually took home left overs.  









I think I will open a tea room.  I also think I will start preparing tiny meals all day.  I think that I could eat tiny sorbet each day, it would make my heart happy.

Next post, rebuilding.....


No comments:

Post a Comment