Tuesday, June 26, 2012

It Is Well...

My soul overflows. Cool, clear Current River runs. I find peace within. The kids and I are writing Haiku's this week. Above is my haiku about my relationship with the Current River. I have always been brought to this area of Missouri from infancy. It is the land of my family. Poor, country farmers living off the land. Taming a wild lush forest amongst hills as old as time. Watering crops and washing clothes with water from spring fed streams as clear as the air itself. Plants and animals that would fill one's belly or destroy one's hope. But, my lineage persevered. They had a will and determination that pushed them through just about any obstacle before them. And here I am now with my family. In the same waters of those before me. Hearing the stories of yesterday as if they had just happened. Time is truly precious. I so value our time here. Time does not exist here. Not for us. We run much like the river. Moving through our day from one idea or plan to the next. Taking unexpected detours as we go. Gathering experience and joy from each moment. Rather philosophical today. Sorry. It happens. I don't have pictures to post due to technological limitations. I'll have them on this weekend. Here is my quick summary of our recent events.... Oklahoma City: White Water! Fun in the sun! OKC Zoo! We fed a giraffe. They have LONG black tongues. Science Museum Oklahoma! Always awesome! Visiting with good friends. One of my favorites! Kids spend the night with my brother. Priceless! Kids are already requesting for another. Date night in Bricktown! FUN! Thanks Andy and Elizabeth. Van Buren, Missouri. Current River Float and swim in the river. Canoe and float the river. Mingo National Wildlife Refuge. Amazing! Float and play at the river. Blue Springs and Peck Ranch. Float and play at the river. Float and play at the river. Two more days here then back to Jefferson City. Can you guess what we are going to do for the next few days? I'll tell you this weekend. Till then, find a time where your heart is happy and just live in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment