Sunday, May 3, 2009

Spring has ARRIVED!!




Spring has arrived! Over the years I have developed my own personal version of the Farmer's Almanac for our area. It is simply this. If we have buds, and trees starting to pop with leaves by Cinco de Mayo, then we will have a decent summer on the warm to hot side. If there is still little sign of leaves coming out, then it will be a cool, wet summer (much like last summer). So, the forcast for this summer is..... trees are leafing out even as we speak! I have flowers coming up rapidly in my beds and when you drive down the road, you can almost see the landscape growing greener by the minute. YEAH!!!!! We had a record breaking temperature weekend. We were above 70 degrees Sat and Sun! We spent the entire day outside. It was fantastic. We are all exhausted, but we smell sweetly of sunshine and fresh air. I think we all grew a bit taller this weekend just being around so much growing in nature. IT WAS GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment