Thursday, June 13, 2013

CAMP TIME

Does anyone remember their summer camp experiences? This week all the kids attended some kind of summer camp. Isaak attended the University of Missouri wrestling camp. Being that he is 13, his level of interest when we talked to him on the phone, was minimal. He stayed in the dorms on campus and ate in the cafeteria. A regular college experience to some degree. I was jealous. I wanted to stay on campus all week too. I love college campuses, don't you? I feel so scholarly when I am there. I especially love Mizzou. It is such a beautiful campus. Sorry, I babble.

Av went to science camp this week. It was an ocean biology focus. On the first day when we took him he said it sounded just like school. Classes, bring a lunch, etc. When we picked him up the first day he said it was not like school at all. He enjoyed it very much.

Little E an baby O had camp with me and my mom. Each day had a theme. Play day, museum day, science day, art day, etc. We have been to art, archeology, anthropology, and veternary medicine museums. We have played at all the area public parks. And we have made art related to all our experiences. FUN! I know my mom and I have had a blast. Seems like the kids are enjoying it as well. I only have pics from this camp as I was not at the others.

Here are the kids running to climb up on the columns on the Mizzou campus where we visited art, archeology, and anthropology museums.

 

Science exploration day. We found tadpoles, dragonfly nymphs, exoskeletons, tiny frogs and slugs.
Museum of Veterinary medicine. Little E is totally in his element.
 

We are all going to run 5k and 1 mile races this weekend, even baby O. Then a bunch of fishing and golf for Father's Day. We will get to spend next week with my brother and his family, go to a Cardinals game, and all he girls are going to the Queen's High Tea. I can't wait!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment