Sunday, July 31, 2011

It is over

Yes, vacation is over. We have returned to our nest in the North and I was freezing the moment I got off the plane. Complaining aside, it is nice to be back in my own bed and to have our routine back in our days.

Vacation is a funny thing.
We anticipate it with such gusto and enthusiasm. However, we anticipate its end just as much.
We had such a laid back vacation this year, we all feel a bit lazy and have tackled projects around the house with a vengeance. Brad and I have sanded and painted furniture, moved furniture and I am completely unpacked and have but one project left to finish from the things we brought back with us for the house.

Isaak has decided he needed some money and has taken on raking all the rocks out of our yard and dumping them along the side of the driveway (I estimate that he has almost 3/4 of an acre of yard to tend to). He is on day 3 and the size of the task is starting to shake his confidence and challenge his work ethic. But, he trudges on.

We had a few warm and sunny days last week for our return, but now we are looking at 57 degrees, cloudy with sprinkles. Yuck! Crossing my fingers for some more warm weather before I go back to work.

I have decided I am going to revamp my blog this fall. Just have to find someone that can do that sort of thing.

Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment