Sunday, July 10, 2011

4th of July

I know this post is coming in a bit after the fact, but as this vacation has gone so far...





Nothing happens when I expect it to.



The 4th of July is my third favorite holiday. Christmas and Easter are of course my first two with them being the birth of Jesus and his Resurrection. But, as for the independence of the country that I am so privileged to be a part of, it certainly ranks third in holiday favorites.



I love how we as a people come together to show our respect and appreciation for those who have come before us, and those who currently serve our country, to grant us the opportunity to live as we do today. I am so very thankful.




I have to be honest though...I also love the food that comes with the 4th of July. This year was fried chicken and garden fresh veggies at Granny and Papa's. Then downtown for all the festivities.



We wandered the streets and saw old cars and monster trucks,



visited the local firefighters,


watched a motor cross exhibition (the boys were in seventh heaven!),






played in the children's area,






and let the kids ride some of the fair rides,











Then fireworks while sitting on the state capital lawn.


Total dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment