Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Dinner

The kids helped me cook dinner tonight. Avery insisted that I fry chicken tonight. I don't fry. He should know that. Isaak jumped on the boat and insisted on buttermilk biscuits. I don't own shortning. He should know that. He stepped up and said he would make the biscuits. He followed the recipe himself. Even turned regular milk into buttermilk.


Celie peeled carrots. Avery and Ellis cut carrots and made a glorious salad. Avery is a pro at salad creation. We had a great time. And, dinner was delicious! It always tastes better when everyone helps!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like great fun! and did you fry the chicken or bake it? did you eat the biscuts with honey or jelly? did you have green beans, mashed potaotes or peas and mashed potaotes with your salad. I bet you had chocolate cake or brownies and ice cream too! you sure do have good helpers in your kitchen...and what was that I saw? a PW cookbook on the stand? love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fry.
    Honey butter.
    Garlic green beans with white wine.
    Mash potato.
    Brownies.
    Yes, PW.
    Thanks for reading my brain!

    ReplyDelete