Sunday, December 30, 2012

PROJECTS!!!!

Christmas break.  Finally.  We have had so much illness this month, that we were all ready for this break.  We have been taking things easy and just planning day by day. 

I have wanted to paint the kid's craft table and baby O's play kitchen table for awhile now.  It was my only mission for this break to get it completed.  Here is the breakdown.

Very old kitchen table.  We had cut the legs down a few years ago and made it into a craft table for the kids.  I sanded the top and legs to prep for paint. 



Old kid play table I found at a thrift store many years ago.  Sanded the top and legs of this as well.  I had to take the top off and the drawer out to get paint in all the right places.

 

Old shelving unit from a yard sale.  It is being used for the kids craft supplies. 

 


I taped off the area on the back and sides that I wanted to keep white to prep for the chalkboard paint.  Yup.  Chalkboard paint.  Took about 3 coats to get the desired thickness.



Final products:

Baby O play kitchen table.

 
 
 

Also made kitchen signs for her wall from random boards. 

Kid craft table and shelving unit finished.



Chalkboard paint on table tops and side and back of shelving unit.  Big hit. 

I love repurposing items.  A good update sparks my creativity.  Ready to tackle another project before the break is over. 

1 comment:

  1. very creative and you must have had lots of fun doing them...love how you repurpose things! they look great! mom

    ReplyDelete